If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also
support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and gender-balanced workforce.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP supports over 1.4 million people in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh including over 860,000 Rohingya refugees and host community Bangladeshi under the L2 emergency operation. WFP provides food and nutrition assistance to the entire refugee population in the world’s largest refugee camp as well as school meals, nutrition service, and livelihood support to host communities in Cox’s Bazar.
The Programme Assistant will work to provide effective and specialized support as well as technical analyses for the activities that effectively done for the Engineering Unit.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Information Management Officer, the staff will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support in establishment of system, structure and tools for effective and efficient knowledge management and reporting mechanism.
- Ensure timely collection, compilation, cleaning and analysis of the project progress from WFP and cooperating partners.
- Responsible for timely preparation, production, and dissemination of the project’s communications materials, including monthly and daily report, etc.
- Liaise with WFP staff and cooperating partners to identify best practices and achievements.
- Assist WFP M&E and reports team for the monitoring and reports related requirements.
- Support in documentation, archiving and record keeping of data.
- Responsible for monitoring of beneficiary data ensure accuracy and compile the data between the different cooperating partners.
- Contribute in facilitating corporate solutions to cooperating partners with other WFP units such as Digital Solution & CBT to provide services such as Beneficiary digital scanning, Appsheet for tracking progress, etc.
- Assist in organizing relevant events, meetings, orientation and capacity building sessions.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor/management.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION : Bachelor degree in Management Information System, Business Administration, Economics, Social Science, Development studies, international Business or other relevant areas. Master/Equivalent degree will be desirable.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 4 years of experience in humanitarian with 2 years of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to understand, produce and present tables, charts and graphs.
- Experience in technical writing using both graphics and narrative.
- Data storage and file management knowledge.
- Knowledge of using data analytics software such Tableau and Excel pivot table is a plus.
- Knowledge in assessment, survey and monitoring is a plus.
- Knowledge in using Adobe suit software is a plus.
- Knowledge in GIS applications such as ArcGIS or QGIS is a plus.
LANGUAGE:Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla. Fluency in Chittagonian/Rohingyan dialect is a strong asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type : SC 5
Contract Duration : 12 months
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
No. of post : 1 (One)
Salary : BDT 96,089
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Monday,13 September 2021 23:59 GMT
This vacancy announcement is for Bangladeshi Nationals. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website: LINK
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.