কক্সবাংলা ডটকম(২ এপ্রিল) :: নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি প্রকাশ করেছে। The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency (WFP)। কক্সবাজারে Supply Chain Associate হিসেবে নিয়োগ দেওয়া হবে।আবেদনের শেষ তারিখ ১৪ এপ্রিল ।
Career Opportunities: Retail Supply Chain Associate (Quality & Safety), SC6, Cox’s Bazar (104395)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of Head of Supply Chain and/or his/her designated (Logistics officer) and in close collaboration with Programme unit – CBT, Finance, Scope and IT, the incumbent will undertake the following duties:
- Establish/customize a quality control and safety standards to the best appropriate context of WFP control measures in Cox’s Bazar, including but not limited to guidelines, regular inspection of LSDs and retail shops, prepare sign boards and check lists, standard operating procedures(SOPs).
- Closely coordinate with the Supply Chain Team as well as the Food Quality and Safety Unit in Dakha and RB to ensure both alignment with corporate guidance, as well as to ensure that best-practices / lessons learnt are captured.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, Government and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (e.g. through the design and review of training materials).
- Provide guidance and training on quality & safety of goods and outlets to both internal (WFP) and external (contracted retail operators, LSD and cooperating partners).
- Design monitoring tool (simplified specifications, checklist, KPIs) to ensure the adequate set up of retail outlets, LSD and WFP warehouses. Coordinate procurement of quality control tool/equipment for random (on-the-spot) testing equipment.
- Benchmark existing quality standards for similar goods in neighbouring markets and ensure high standard of goods and services offered in WFP operations.
- Establish regular visit (weekly) as well as “surprise” spot checks visit to the outlet operators, LSDs, WFP warehouse and WFP implementing partners for monitoring and provide evidence-based recommendations for further improvements.
- Act on the shortcoming and deficiencies in service (quality & standard of goods) per retailer to be reviewed during retailer’s monthly performance review.
- Establish a follow up mechanism allowing progress/improvement to be measured and reported.
- Collaborate with relevant government counterparts to ensuring the quality of WFP offered items is complied with local rules and regulations.
- Make regular monitoring and inspection for the three Government local storage depot(LSDs) located at COX’s Bazar where WFP stores its Rice commodity and WFP warehouses..
- Guide and supervise subordinate staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and expected feedback.
- Carry regular assessments and quality assurance by providing feedback to supply chain management and senior managers in order to take appropriate decisions.
- Compete the list of due diligence for supply chain partners
- indicator scores provided in confidence to IDI.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Food science and technology, Public health or related scientific fields
- 5 years of work experience and minimum of 3 years of experience in health, quality and safety in food processing or retail/wholesale industry
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bangla required
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Creative, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Communication, influencing and training skills.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the organisation
- Hard working, calm, clear head, logical
- Culturally sensitive
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type : Service Contract
Contract Duration : 12 months
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary : BDT 103,091
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
14 April 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.