|ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB) is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Advisor – Protection, Gender and SRHR
||: Rohingya Response Project
|Location of Posting
||: Cox’s Bazar
|Types of contract
||: Fixed term contract
|Duration of contract
||: One (01) Year
|Number of position
|Salary and benefits
||: Competitive Salary will be offered in consideration with market package and individual’s expertise and experience
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Responsibilities for Protection:
- To support the Protection and Livelihood Programming in Rohingya Emergency Response.
- To coordinate between partner and AAB in the implementation of the programme.
- To follow-up of activities around Multi-purpose Women Centres in the camps and provide day-to-day mentoring to the field-level staff.
- To support the implementation of life-skills and livelihoods training of women and adolescent girls.
- To produce reports as per AAB and donor requirements.
- To provide project related information when and wherever needed.
- To participate in the sector meetings (e.g. Protection, Livelihoods, GBV SS etc.) and contribute to its processes together with Women Rights and Protection Coordinator.
- To assist building policy and advocacy agenda related to Rohingya women and girls.
- To maintain positive and productive collaboration, coordination and relationships with the ActionAid Bangladesh team, and external partners and other sectors.
Responsibilities for SRHR:
- Lead rapid and detailed SRHR assessments in new target areas; determine priorities, immediate activities and required resources.
- Develop an evidence-based SRHR programme plan including programmatic, research and advocacy priorities, closely linked to other sector program.
- Support in developing curricula and materials related to Adolescent SRHR programming.
- Support in drafting, reviewing and submitting concept notes, proposals and reports in close coordination with other Program Managers.
- Assist Project Coordinator in developing market development strategies addressing the needs and priorities of community people including women, men and adolescents with special emphasis on SRH.
- Undertake initiative to create linkage and collaboration between SRH related service providers and the targeted community and Entrepreneur Federations for promoting SRH-Nutrition link.
- Articulate policy issues for women’s entrepreneurship development and initiate local level advocacy actions.
- Provide awareness/orientation on SRH (Sexual and Reproductive Health) practices and its implications on women’s participation in Multi-purpose Women Centres of Rohingya Camps.
- Build awareness /orientation to the community and household, about the link between existing social stigma/taboo and nutritional deficiency and its impact on SRHR.
- Organizing participatory meeting/interactive session involving Upazila Parishad Standing Committee and other related institution for strengthening awareness building on SRH and nutrition.
- Developing Behavioral Change Communication material related to SRH and ensure wider distribution of these materials among targeted community people.
Responsibilities for Gender:
- Lead on implementation process of ActionAid Standards on Gender in Emergencies in the programme, including identifying challenges and recommend practical solutions on the design and implementation of gendered humanitarian interventions
- Provide technical advice, direction and support to Project Managers/Coordinators to achieve significant impact on gender and women’s rights in the context of emergency response and recovery
- Build the capacity of the staff on how to integrate gender concerns from a programmatic perspective through training, guidance, one-on-one support, commenting on strategy plans, providing input to program design and proposal writing and orientation on the use of Gender.
- Develop strategies to achieve significant impact on gender and women’s rights in the context of emergency response and recovery.
- Conduct assessment, selection and capacity building of project participants and staff on their Gender Policy, Strategy and Capacity Building.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain key professional networks, relationships with partners, national and international agencies, civil society organisations/ women’s organisations to ensure gender is integrated in wider initiatives, and to promote the partners’ participation in coordination systems at the local level.
S/he will report to Head of Humanitarian Response of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he is expected to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers in team, priority, project management team. S/he must be able to communicate with other teams and units, both programme and function of AAB.
S/he retains a close working relationship with project teams for accelerated and effective implementation of project/s and ensures horizontal integration with other programme. The incumbent will maintain liaison and networking with Donor and other stakeholders including Government and Non-Government agencies, partner organizations etc.
Required Educational Qualification and Experiences
- A university degree, preferably a Masters degree in Gender Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Development Studies, Management, Public Health or any other relevant subject areas of Social Sciences.
- At least 5 years or more of sound experience in project management especially with the focus on women’s empowerment, gender, livelihoods, SRHR and/or life-skills programming. Experience of working with Rohingya community or in refugee context will be given preference.
- Good understanding of and experience in designing and implementing emergency programmes.
- Knowledge of Protection, Gender, SRHR, Women, and child rights issues.
- Has good understanding on Partnership management
- Programme design, implementation and monitoring on women rights issues
- Work with NGO, INGO or relevant Government agencies is preferable
- Good team player
- Policy advocacy and campaign
- Sound in participatory development process and HRBA
- Understanding of Govt. working system and activities.
- Strong understanding and experience on budget preparation and budget management
- Sound in partnership management.
- Ability to manage multifunctional team.
- Documentation and articulation skill.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Thursday, 18 April 2019.
- Please click here to submit your application.
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
ActionAid Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards child abuse, exploitation and child labor and expects all employees to abide by the Child Protection Policy of ActionAid Bangladesh.
www.actionaid.org/Bangladesh Find us also in Facebook and Twitter for regular updates!
N.B: There is no cost involved with applying for positions with ActionAid Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent