|ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Officer – ICT
|Location of Posting
||: Cox’s Bazar
|Types of contract
||: Fixed Term Contract, 12 months (if not extended)
|Duration of Contract
||: 01 (One) Year
|Number of position
|Salary and benefits
||: Competitive salary will be offered with other admissible benefits.
This position assists all staff of Cox’s Bazar with technical support of Desktops and Laptops computers, Applications, Network, Web, MIS, Internet and related technology. Support includes any IT hardware installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-to-one consultancy to end users and AAB Cox’s Bazar Network. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network, printers, wireless connectivity (Access Point) and associated equipment of Action Aid Bangladesh IT. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
- Ensure the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, multifunction printer services, and ensure the security of data from internal and external unauthorized access.
- Knowledge in Network & Hardware trouble shooting and Able to provide all kind of Technical support.
- Knowledge in Installation of Operating system (XP, Windows, Linux)
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues of our users.
- Network trouble shooting, network maintenance and network cabling.
- Assist to implement LAN/WAN/Internet/Intranet connectivity for remote locations and design systems for those locations to maintain the entire internet/intranet from a central point.
- Knowledge in Office365 (MS Outlook, Skype for business, Team, OneDrive, Yammer)
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of Desktop and Laptops Computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with IT vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with Desktop Computing and Laptops Computing equipment and software.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Ensure Desktops and Laptops computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Trains and orients staff on day to day use of hardware and software.
- Works with procurement team to purchase hardware and software for new staff.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Orders and receive computer/IT Accessories supplies.
- Maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate cable.
- Maintain IT asset register.
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and another electronic medium.
- Configuration of client’s equipment to connect to the Internet via modem/DSL Router (Dialup/DSL customers only), EDGE Modem etc.
- Configure software to connect to Internet application servers.
- Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications as related to Internet and AAB IT resources.
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
- Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
- Perform light lifting 25lbs-40lbs.
- Perform creation of new accounts using company provide software tools.
- Individual User restriction on Software installation.
- Individual User configuration licensed Windows 10 & Office 365 as per AAI guideline.
Internet Support and assist to AAB Automation process
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ensure promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Always self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Apply previous experience regarding hardware and software issues.
- Show proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers, ActionAid hive (Internet, Intranet, and Extranet etc.), yahoo, hotmail, Gmail, Skype etc.
- Always try to show excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- User orientation or Technical Support on users for Leave and Appraisal automation
- Updated supplier information on the systems and time to time database update.
- AAB Knowledge portal Technical support (User creation, set permission)
- Time attendance system integration with ERP system.
- Update Asset on Existing ERP and new ERP for new procurements.
- Network Setup & Expansion
- Network Management and Monitoring
- Understanding of SPAM e-mail control within users.
- Ensure effective uses of IT resources within AAB users.
- Ensure that all users are connected through AD and Action Aid “prescribed” Domain.
- Ensure the internet connectivity for all users through structure LAN/Wireless cabling.
- Ensure users data backup in cloud and restore data without any damage of data.
- Power maintenance for IT Unit.
- Power Troubleshooting for IT Unit.
- Maintaining & servicing all AAB (both office) UPS for Uninterrupted Power Suppl
- Ensure Virus free Network.
- Contact with vendors for market status.
- Collect quotation for procurement of IT equipments.
- Send work order and receive order equipment’s
- Prepare bill voucher as finance requirement.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering or
- B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering will be preferred.
- 2 to 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- Network Engineer/ Network Administrator, Desktop hardware
- CCNA, Microsoft certified.
- Internet Language: Computer Hardware troubleshooting
- Web based tools: Adobe Photoshop
- Operating System (Windows): Windows XP, Windows 7,8,10, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, 2012, Windows 10, Active Directory installation.
- Operating Systems (Linux): Linux, Ubuntu 16.04, 18.0
- Networking Knowledge:
- Designing and implementing Network (LAN, MAN) Using windows platform.
- Active Directory services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server
- Print server
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Proxy Server
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of applicatio is Wednesday, 08 May 2019.
- Please Click Here to submit your application.
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
ActionAid Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards child abuse, exploitation and child labor and expects all employees to abide by the Child Protection Policy of ActionAid Bangladesh.
www.actionaid.org/Bangladesh Find us also in Facebook and Twitter for regular updates!
N.B: There is no cost involved with applying for positions with ActionAid Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application costs should be regarded as fraudulent